Metal transportation is a key stage in the activity of many enterprises. After all, it is widely used in various industries, such as automotive and mechanical engineering, the production of electronics, mechanisms, equipment, tools, technical devices. Metal is in demand in the construction industry. Buildings and structures for various purposes are erected from metal structures. Consumer goods are made of metal – furniture, household appliances, dishes and cutlery. Ensuring the safety of the metal during transportation and timely delivery to the destination contribute to the increase in the efficiency and profitability of manufacturing companies.
Transportation of metal by road is carried out taking into account technical regulations and legislation. When choosing a vehicle, the dimensions and weight of the metal products are taken into account. There are ordinary, long (length more than 8 meters) and heavy (the weight of the transportation unit is more than 3 tons) cargo. Main types of trucks:
- Vans (transportation of products in boxes and containers).
- Trawls, platforms (transportation of long and bulky products).
- Road trains (delivery of bulky goods).
Transportation of scrap metal by road is usually carried out by dump trucks, specialized metal carriers, scrap carriers, which are equipped with equipment for quick loading and unloading – manipulators and other technical devices.
Pallets and boxes made of plastic, wood and metal are used for packaging rolled metal products. As packaging materials, technical fabrics, non-woven fabrics, paper and films, strapping steel tapes and wires are used. Suitable packaging material is selected taking into account the dimensions and weight of the cargo. Appropriate packaging ensures the safety of metal products, the safety of transportation and handling operations. Shipping units are formed based on the type of metal products. There are different types of transport units:
- Packages. Metal sheets or profiles are stacked and tightly connected.
- Bundle. Products of pipe, shaped rolled metal with a small diameter are fastened together with wire or other strapping material.
- Stacks. Laying metal products in several rows.
Small metal products, such as bolts, screws, washers, rivets, are pre-packed in plastic, wooden or metal boxes. As part of the preparation for the transportation of the metal, it is placed in the body of the vehicle and securely fixed to prevent displacement. In the body, it is necessary to maintain the recommended climatic conditions – temperature, humidity level, ventilation. For loading, cranes, hoists, winches, and other means of mechanizing loading processes are used. Basic requirements for transportation:
- Reliable fastening of transport units in the body.
- Uniform distribution of cargo over the entire working surface of the vehicle.
- Compliance with traffic rules and speed limits.
An obligatory stage of preparation for the flight is the execution of accompanying documentation. Properly executed permits and customs documents will ensure unhindered passage through the border and checkpoints.
Where to order cargo transportation of metal
Fahrwest Logistics offers inexpensive metal transportation services to Poland and other European countries, as well as in the opposite direction – from Poland and European countries. We will deliver the cargo safe and sound to any point of the European continent. Benefits for our clients:
- Own car park with cars of different types and carrying capacity.
- Team approach to problem-solving. Managers and logisticians, lawyers, packers, loaders, freight forwarders and mechanics work on each project. The result of the combined efforts is a thorough preparation for the flight, reducing the client’s costs by finding the best route (short and convenient), reducing the likelihood of breakdowns, delays, and unforeseen situations along the way.
- The ability to determine the location of the cargo at any time using the GPS system.
- Affordable freight rates. The calculation of the cost is based on approved tariffs, which depend on the type of cargo, type of vehicle, distance.
- The whole range of related services – warehousing, packaging and labeling, batch picking, loading and unloading operations, forwarding support, execution of accompanying documents, including permits, licenses and customs declarations.
We conclude an agreement with each client, which contains information about the type, volume and cost of services, as well as the responsibility of the parties for violation of the terms of the agreement. We are financially liable to customers for violation of delivery terms, damage or loss of cargo.